Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sally & the Sea Lion

The Albuquerque Rio Grande Zoo is pretty impressive, especially for a city the size of Albuquerque. Shortly after moving to Dallas, Steph and I went to the Dallas Zoo, and although it was decent, it wasn't nearly as cool. The Albuquerque zoo has sea lions. Like these:



One day while we were there, I thought, "Hey, this is kind of weird, but that sea lion sort of looks like Stephen & Jamie's dog, Sally, if you cover the flippers and look just at the face..." Here's what I mean:


5 comments:

Stimson family said...

amazing similarites-
but, unfortunately, more in the mid-body proportions than anything else these days. poor fat dog.
-stephen

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Well this is your problem: you went to the DALLAS zoo. Make the 30 minute drive over to Fort Worth. It's a far superior zoo.

And by the way... SUPER cute dog!

Stimson family said...

Thanks, we think she is pretty cute too! I do agree, the Ft. Worth Zoo is far superior to the Dallas Zoo.

Nathan and Stephany said...

Yeah, I know, I know. We just haven't made it over to Fort Worth yet. We'll try to get over there sometime this semester. What else is good to do there?

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Um... I don't know. We used to go to FW a lot as a kid (my stepdad went to TCU and we went every year to a football game or two) but we sometimes did boring things. But...

Fort Worth really is full of fun. It's even fun to walk around downtown-- they have a really nice, clean downtown filled with shops and things that are interesting to wander around in.

The Kimbell Art Museum is fabulous and they often have great exhibits.

I also enjoy the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, as well as the Fort Worth Water Gardens.

That's all I've got for now.