Monday, January 21, 2008

Marshall Trip

We took advantage of the long weekend (for me at least - Stephany was back at work at 5:00 AM this morning) to head out to Marshall, Texas, for an overnight visit to see my sister and her family (now constituting five after the recent addition of Hart!). We were just getting used to the idea of Owen being Hudson No. 4, and now there's a new one! It's really awesome, and Hart is obviously much loved by his older siblings.

Tish and Joey served us King Ranch chicken for dinner and migas for breakfast, which was awesome. Stephany cleaned up at a game of SpongeBob SquarePants Monopoly with Krusty Krab Shacks (the equivalent of hotels) on nine properties. Yesterday, we braved the cold and headed out to Caddo Lake State Park to do some hiking. We had a great time.

Here's us:





Here's the rest of the family: Tish, Joey, Sophie, Owen, and Hart (comfortably tucked away in the sling):









And here's a few pictures I took of the area:











I haven't had much time to do much photography since we left Albuquerque. I really prefer to shoot nature, and I haven't quite figured out how to extract the beauty from the area surrounding us in urban Dallas. But then again, I haven't exactly taken my camera out on the streets, so to speak. And the law library just isn't THAT exciting - I mean, once you've seen one South Western Reporter 2d, you've really seen about all you need to see.

We really didn't get away from Dallas last semester other than a 24-hour trip to Tyler to my mom's house for Thanksgiving. This semester, we're hoping to be able to get out of town every now and then and visit some of you.

Our love to you all,
Nathan

1 comment:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Hey, while you're getting out of town more often, I hear that Kentucky is a nice place to visit! Nathan-- I really like the long hair... and congrats to all on Baby Hart's arrival. Hart is a great name. It's my granddad's middle name, and we were thinking of using that name somehow with Baby Lawson. We'll see.