While in New Mexico, we were able to see some friends, and I was able to catch up with some coworkers from MIOX Corporation where I previously worked for two and a half years. It was good seeing some people I'd worked with and hearing about some recent successes, but I left town feeling very satisfied with my decision to attend law school.
Towards the end of our five-day visit, we loaded up a big moving truck with all the belongings of Steph's sister Malory and hit the road Sunday morning to make the all-day drive back to Dallas, the girls in Mal's car and me driving the truck. Malory starts school tomorrow at Dallas Theological Seminary, and we're so glad to have her here in town with us now! Stephany had been sick for a few days, and the drive back did not treat her well. After a couple days out of commission once we got back, we finally found out she had bronchitis. The first several days back in town involved the three of us celebrating New Year's at home with some pizza and a movie (by the way, in my opinion, Stardust is the new The Princess Bride), moving Malory into her new apartment (just 10 minutes away), and helping Steph get better.
During the holidays, four new babies were born into our lives! They are:
- Joseph Hart Hudson (to be called "Hart"), provided by my sister, Tish, and her husband Joey in Marshall, Texas
- Hope Elizabeth Paxson, whom we met in Albuquerque while visiting our friends Alex & Stacey
- Lillian ('Lilli') Belle Goode, born to our friends Julie & Scott of Arizona
- Ryland Shay Witt, a beautiful little gal belonging to our friends Kyle & Sherah here in town, previously of New Mexico
Well, it's now back to school and work for us. Steph went back to work at Starbucks last week, and I started my second semester of law school last Thursday. We're excited about the new year and having Malory here with us. For me, the excitement was temporarily "jacked" when my laptop crashed during the second day of classes. Fortunately, I was able to recover most of my data and Dell is sending me a new hard drive for my troubles. I've been using Steph's Apple PowerBook for the past few days as a substitute - she says it makes me look "cute".
We're going to put some pics up soon.

2 comments:
You're alive!!! Love the update. And in my personal opinion, you should just go ahead and make the switch to the Apple. If for no other reason than for Stephany to think you look "cute". So maybe you "know" PCs. But Stephany really knows what she's doing-- Apple is the way to go.
(I'm saving up for one of my own. I can't wait to get rid of my Dell.)
Yeah, the Apple is definitely nice. I'd consider it for my personal use (because it IS pretty cool, and it's probably more reliable), but it's still a bit tough using it for business/school purposes - it is definitely "first to the PC, then to the Apple" in that world. But maybe my next one will be an Apple!
Post a Comment