Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Downtime after the Bar Exam



July came and went, and with it, thankfully, so did the bar exam. I sat for the New Mexico bar exam on July 27-28 at the Albuquerque Convention Center with a couple of hundred other people. Considering the intense process that was the preparation, the exam itself was actually not that terrible. I studied about eighteen subjects of law over the course of two and half months, and whatever knowledge I gathered during that time was expressed through six thirty-minute essays, two hour-and-a-half essays, and 200 multiple choice questions. I should get my results in about a month.

The picture above is the evening of July 28 after the exam. Stephany and I went out to celebrate our accomplishment of making it through law school and the bar exam! Grammy and Pappy watched Beck while we enjoyed some burgers and drinks at one of our favorite local places, Chama River Brewing Company.

We took the next week to just sort of decompress and begin to enjoy being back in Albuquerque, post-bar exam. One day we drove through the Rio Grande area of town and had a coffee date with our little one at Starbucks.





I am a blessed man.







The many faces of Beck.













We've been taking advantage of some downtime to do some traveling lately to see family. This past week we were in Southern California, and later this week we're heading up to Denver. We'll post more pics soon!

Nathan

1 comment:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

cute cute cute kid.

And congrats (again) on making it past the bar exam!