I turned 29 this past Thursday. It was a pretty awesome occasion. 29 seems kind of like a random birthday, but I am happy that it has arrived for me. I think that unlike most people, I actually rather enjoy getting older. I feel in a way that I am picking up speed, and most days, that is an exciting thing for me.
The above picture shows the fantastic birthday cookie cake that my sweetheart baked for me this year. This is the fourth one she's made—she makes them each year on my birthday, because she knows they're my favorite. This year's theme was Fantastic Mr. Fox, which was one of our favorite movies of this past year. I loved Steph's depiction of Mr. Fox!
Thursday started out late in the morning, with my sweet wife preparing a delicious breakfast of migas. Since it was a cold, rainy day and we had made plans to celebrate on Friday night with some friends, we decided to stay in that evening and cook together, a favorite pastime of ours which we really haven't done too much during law school. So, enjoying the Thursday evening together was:
me
Steph
and the little guy.
After picking out a recipe in our favorite cookbook (the one I got Stephany for her birthday before we got married), we headed over to Central Market to pick up the ingredients. However, seeing as it was a cold and rainy day, we thought it appropriate to stop and pick up some Starbucks.
When we pulled in to Central Market, Steph was on the phone, so we sat in the car for a few minutes. Having nothing else to do that particular moment, I decided to (what else?) take pictures of her.
And us.
I started taking more pictures in Central Market (what can I say, I love taking pictures of my honey), but Steph made me stop.
Then we got home and started cooking. Steph, the chef!
We picked an Asian recipe that called for beef with noodles and a variety of vegetables and spices. We hadn't really cooked anything quite like it before, so it was a fun process for us.
Steph with the final product! It was tasty.
And finally, me with a nice slice of "fantastic" cookie cake!
It was a very nice evening. And the whole weekend was great. Stephany had a very good doctor's appointment Friday morning. That evening, we went out with Malory and our friends Don and Molly to BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse, a favorite restaurant of ours here which has great pizza (the Buffalo Chicken is our favorite!) and micro-brew beer (the Piranha Pale Ale is my choice). On Saturday evening, we headed up to Flower Mound to have dinner with my aunt and uncle, which was very nice. Sunday brought us back to work—alas, the festivities must end at some point. They sure were fun though. And now I'm a year older, which is a bit fantastic in itself.
Nathan

1 comment:
looks like a great day! happy 29th!
Post a Comment