Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SMU Tailgate

On Saturday, Stephany and Malory and I went to the first SMU Tailgate of the football season. It's kind of funny, because it seems that people get way more excited about the tailgate than they do about SMU football (despite the fact that the school is hyping its new football coach, June Jones, who they hired away from the University of Hawaii for five years at an annual cost of $2 million).

The tailgates are definitely fun. Groups of undergrads, Greeks, alumni, and graduate students have tents and chairs and music and barbecues, and all kinds of other things, going on up and down the Boulevard (actually, the official saying at SMU is, "We don't tailgate. We Boulevard." - which is a bit silly, but, hey, that's what it is).

The law school sets up a tent and offers free food and drinks to law students and their family and friends. So far, my mom (Marla), Steph's dad (Bob), and Malory have joined us at a Tailgate. We enjoyed going to these last year, and will likely try to attend quite a few of them this year.











Mustang football pride is definitely optional.

Nathan

2 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

I miss going to football games & tailgating! Looks like a blast. I suppose I COULD go to UK games (and I have before), but Kentucky football just isn't quite the same as Texas football.

Anonymous said...

You give me the smile of Shalom. May it come to you always.