Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Life these days...

Sorry it's been such a while since any updates.  I got pretty sick a couple weeks ago and missed some school, so I spent some time catching up.  Then my Dell hard drive crashed (the second crash in two months - come on!), so I'm spending some time catching up.  Plus, I'm trying to balance studying with the summer job search, working on my big legal writing project for the semester, volunteering some time for the law school's public interest group - oh, and normal things like sleeping and hanging out with Steph.

I am happy to report that, aside from being sick two weeks ago, Steph and I have been able to make it to the gym together twice a week for about six weeks now.  Also, we've begun meeting again with our home group on Wednesday nights after a break for the holidays - something we really committed to doing last semester, which has been good.  Sometimes it really takes a while to get to know people (especially on a once-a-week basis), but it's been rewarding.

You invest in what you love.  For us, that means taking time away from studying and just spending Saturday together - or meeting up with our home group Wednesday nights even though that's my busiest day of the week (by far).  We stay really busy these days between school and work, but we're two of the happiest people we know.

Our love to you all,
Nathan

5 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Well, I really was beginning to wonder if you two were alive. So... I'm glad you are, though I'm sorry you've been sick. It seems everyone I know is sick right now-- luckily I haven't caught whatever is going around!

Glad you are making time to do the things you love in the midst of what I know are very busy schedules for you two.

Sorry about the Dell crashing... again. That must have been a terrible inconvenience for you what with school and all! I'm slowly but surely putting money into my "Mac fund" so that when my Dell finally dies for good, I'll money to buy my dream machine!

Nathan and Stephany said...

No doubt. Thankfully, I'd been backing up my class notes on a weekly basis, so I didn't lose TOO much - but it is still a major annoyance. Getting even a couple of days behind can pose a serious challenge (I'm sure you know about that, though). Steph and I have been having the Mac discussion again lately. I've enjoying taking her PowerBook G4 to school this week. AND I enjoyed telling the Dell guy on the phone that I'd check the service log email on my wife's Mac PowerBook. Not only did I get some pleasure out of that, but he even admitted that they're not bad - go figure!

Microsoft was in the headlines today for being fined $1.3B for antitrust activities in the EU. Youch.

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Stephany-- thanks for pointing out my mistake on my blog. Oh geez. How embarrassing. :) It wouldn't have been quite so embarrassing were it not found right smack dab in the middle of a post in which I was pointing out OTHERS' mistakes... at any rate, it has now been corrected!

Emily said...

hey i miss you guys. I was just looking at all the pix..and i can't believe how old the kids are now!!! crazy!!! Anyway...we're not feeling so well here and though it is early, I am going to try and sleep as much as physically possible...such a hard week...

Sweet Sins said...

Glad you are feeling better. Hope you two are doing well!