Saturday, March 29, 2008

Jed & Christine's Visit

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Jed and his girlfriend Christine came up from Austin to visit us. In the two weeks since then, I was spending a lot of time working on an appellate brief, which constitutes my final exam grade for my Legal Research & Writing Advocacy class (the only grade for that class, as we have only one graded test per class in law school). Also, Steph's parents were in town over Easter, which was really great. On a side note, we were all pleasantly surprised to find that Chuy's (a Mexican restaurant in town) has some authentic New Mexico green chili sauces! Woo-hoo for familiar New Mexican food in Dallas! Needless to say, we'll be going back...

We had a great time during Jed & Christine's visit. During the weekend they were here, we drove around downtown and tried out some places new to us, we saw Derek Webb, a favorite musician of ours, perform in Deep Ellum, and we stayed up beyond late playing Phase 10. Malory stayed up late with us too, but sadly, we did not get any photos of the fun craziness of that night. It's great having a weekend like that every now and then, and it was so good seeing our friends.

Here's us enjoying Pioneer Plaza and the bronze longhorns...









My beautiful red-headed beauty with the blossoms.



Jed & Christine playing around on modern art in front of Dallas City Hall.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Looks like you guys had a great time... Just realized you had this blog (I know.. I'm slow in reading my emails! lol)... Will keep up w/your happenings.. Hope to see you guys soon! Take care and much love, Suz (& Alex)

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Sounds like fun! :) And I'm glad you found some good New Mexican food. My heart will always be most fond of Tex-Mex, but I do enjoy green chiles every now and then!

krcorso said...

Love Chuy's!!! So glad y'all enjoyed it! This was a nursing school favorite..during happy hour, you can get free nachoes and stuffed peppers!!

Sherah said...

great pictures! miss you guys! can't wait to see you on Sat! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice lot of pictures of all the "bull." Guess that is prepatory for all the legal wrangling? LOL

Love, Uncle Ken

Nathan and Stephany said...

Nice analogy. No doubt there's a lot of "bull" - and I'm sure I'll be wrangling with some of it. I'll be glad to get out this summer and get some legal experience and see how some things actually get done (or don't). I'll spend the first six weeks of the summer working for a non-profit in Dallas (not sure which one yet) and the second half of the summer working for a U.S. District Judge in town. It should be a good experience.

Nathan