Friday, September 30, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Celebration

Over Labor Day weekend, Stephany and I celebrated our fifth anniversary together! Also that weekend, Becker turned a year and a half old! It was a momentous weekend for us.

We decided to take a day trip up to Santa Fe to celebrate. We first stopped and had lunch at Second Street Brewery, which has been around for a while, but which I had only heard of recently. We enjoyed lunch (and I enjoyed one of their beers) on the patio. Afterwards, we drove around the city for a bit, finally deciding to drive up towards the mountain ski area. We proceeded up the winding mountain road and then stopped to do some hiking. It was Becker's first time to hike, and after just a couple of minutes, he was totally loving it! He was quick to want to lead us up the trail, despite the rocks and roots in his way.





My two favorites.


It was a beautiful area, with lots and lots of tall Aspen trees.



It seemed that a storm was coming upon us as we were heading out. I love seeing the dark clouds covering the New Mexico sky.


And finally, back in the car, headed home. It was a lovely day, and a wonderful weekend for our family.


Nathan

1 comment:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Congrats on 5 years!! Must be nice to be living in a place that has so many great places to sneak away to. Santa Fe is so beautiful and funky and fun!