Two weeks ago some friends of ours through the law school hosted a baby shower for us! It was so much fun having some of our close friends from law school celebrate our new little addition!
This is Amy, Rachel, and Natalie. Amy and I met back in March 2007 at an admitted students day at SMU Law prior to me starting school that August, and Steph and I have been friends with her and her husband for quite a while. Rachel is from New Mexico, and we both worked at downtown Albuquerque law firms this past summer. Stephany introduced me to Natalie last year (when she was a first-year student) at the Starbucks near campus, where Steph used to work.
This is Nicole, Erin, Tami, and Jiroko. Nicole was my partner in the law school's child advocacy clinic this past semester, and we really enjoyed working together. Erin was a year ahead of me, and she was on the SMU Law Review when I joined (she's also the older sister of my friend Christine, who was in my first-year section and is also a good friend of ours). Tami was also in my section, and we are both Chief Counsels in the child advocacy clinic this semester. Jiroko was another student from my section, and she is a super-friendly friend who is always a delight to be around.
Here is Lani, Christine, and Kristen, all great people and good friends. Lani and Christine were both in my first-year section and have been friends of ours since the beginning of school. I've enjoyed getting to know Kristen through classes and Law Review (she is one of two Managing Editors on the journal who receive my edits for the articles for which I am responsible); Kristen came to school from Hallsville, which Stephany and I pass on the way to Marshall to visit my sister's family in East Texas.
Here is Stephany and me opening gifts. The baby shower was thrown for us not far from campus at the home of the parents of our friend Molly. Our friends Amy, Molly, and Don hosted—and they did a really fantastic job! Good food, good drinks, and good friends.
Lots of friends. Don is in the corner in the back, and Molly is on the other side of the lamp. We invited guys and girls to the shower, and although the girls far outnumbered the guys, the men had a respectable representation by Don, Mark, Colin, and me.
More gifts. Lots of small, fun things and a few larger, fun things (like our Diaper Genie and umbrella stroller).
Here, Stephany is holding some really cute pajama and towel sets. And although my attention was focused on the pacifiers in front of me (and pacifiers are great), I happened to be much more enthusiastic about receiving the cool, green Columbia daddy diaper bag for which I had registered. I'm pretty excited to be carrying that around soon! Stephany also got a really cool orange diaper bag at the shower which was on our gift registry.
These are all friends of ours who were in the other first-year section (I was in Section 2, and these are all Section 1 friends, who I have been fortunate to get to know during the past couple of years). This is Mark, Kristen, us, Jessica, and Amy. I met Mark during our first year when he was my opponent in an inter-section negotiation exercise, and we have been friends since. Jessica (from Tyler, as am I) is President of the law school's Christian Legal Society this year; she did not show up in many of the pictures because she graciously offered to actually TAKE all the pictures for us. So, thank you, Jessica!
And here is us with the baby shower organizers! Amy, Molly, and Don did such a great job putting our shower together and hosting. It was a very special day for us celebrating our soon-to-arrive little boy with good friends.
Nathan

1 comment:
Steph looks great!
Post a Comment