It's been really wet in Albuquerque lately. I mean, not a whole lot, but enough to say that it's been wet lately (for Albuquerque). It's been rainy or thunderstorming in the afternoons. It's really strange to wake up to overcast weather here - this town usually gets something like 300+ days of sunshine a year. This could be the beginning of the "monsoon season." I read in the local newspaper that El Nino is shaping up to make it a wet season through the rest of the year. It's nice when the desert gets rain - there are such vibrant colors in the plants and trees around here, and they just seem to become even more so when it rains.
Stephany took this picture from her parents' back patio on the day that we got back from Colorado. Pretty awesome.
Nathan

1 comment:
That's a pretty cool pic.. In fact all the photos in the blog are really good...Stephanie's fault ? :)
I finally caught up with your journeys online..
It IS rainy in abq, it's pouring right now.. my hike plans ruined..
Post a Comment