Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Nathan and Stephen Go Skiing

So, getting back to the blog, I thought I'd post some pics back from our Christmas trip to Albuquerque when Stephen and I went skiing for a day in Santa Fe. It snowed like crazy that day - actually, it sleeted pretty hard first, and then it snowed like crazy. So, there was a lot of good weather going on (good, hard, and cold).

This was the day after Christmas. By the time we got back to the car, we were lucky to be able to get down the mountain, because people were getting stuck (at least one vehicle actually went off the mountain, but they only went about five feet because they landed in a huge snow drift - still a bit freaky to see).

Here's Stephen and me on the lift. You can probably tell that it was cold. It actually got progressively colder throughout the day.



Here's me. That may look like a bit o' sparkle in my teeth, but it's really just snow.



And here's Stephen. Here, he's trying to stay out of the frigid precipitation. There was a lot of it.



Here's me from the side. I'm looking at something.



Here's a look at Stephen that not too many people get. Although, I admit I've only been to work with him a few times, so I'm not sure if his patients often get this or not.



So beautiful. I love skiing.



Visibility was fairly low. Snow was everywhere.



When Stephen and I ski, we usually try to find places where we can go into the trees - there's usually good powder, it's a bit technical, it's quiet, and there's usually no one else there. We found a good place here. When I was living in Albuquerque, one of my favorite hobbies was photographing nature and urban areas with culture - the mesa, the desert, the forests, the old architecture, the native colors of New Mexico. In Dallas, I just haven't found anything yet that really moves me to photography. So, it was a treat being back here, in the beautiful snowy forest. I took quite a few pictures - here are a couple.





And here is Stephen waiting patiently for me (for about two more seconds). I took a picture of him too.



This gives you a bigger picture of what the day was like.



It was a great day of skiing. Cold, and lots of weather, but great. Stephen and I didn't make it out last year, so it was nice getting back on some slopes together. Good brother time.

Okay, so that's the new post. I'm working on another one which will be up soon.

Love to you all,
Nathan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that bar mid-mountain.
Brian

Anonymous said...

I think Nate-dog has some bling in his mouth. No matter what you say.
Brad