The race is held each year to beneft a certain organization. Last year, it was an organization helping people obtain organ transplants. This year, it was a local school which customizes teaching methods for its students.
The race ended up being more like a 4.5K for me because the people I was following didn't follow the arrows and ended up chopping off a bit of the course (note to the wise: don't follow the people, because they don't know what they're doing!). Stephany was there to cheer me on and snap some pics. Despite the goof, it was a fun morning.
Nathan

6 comments:
Well, I see we have to res of our own. Mine is a little slower than yours and like you I dare not follow the crowd. Their rush is all to the wrong places with now crown. Still you have Stephany's smile, love, and I hope a kiss for your rewards. Mine will only to be able to get back up on the ballroom dance floor and flow like dancing with the stars. Truly you have your crown in this life polish her well.
so fun! did you train for it?
Well, I'd been running for a while. That's definitely my favorite workout. During the summer and into the semester, Stephany and I have been going to the gym and/or biking 2-3 times per week. I was upping my distance during the past month or so until I got okay doing 3 miles without stopping. We slowed down a bit when Steph got sick a couple weeks ago, but she's all better now, so we're looking forward to getting back to it! -Nathan
Nice! I learned the definition of res judicata just this morning...love the name. We have a race here in DC called "Lawyers Have Heart" - ha. Hope all is well and to catch up soon!
-Anika
you look like a giant next to all those shorties! and I think your short-cute is great..your finish is just not valid now :)
Thanks, Em. I know - that totally blew. But, hey, I finished it - all 4.5K of it. And what can I say? - I'm relatively tall.
Post a Comment