Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Albuquerque Trip, Part III

While we were in Albuquerque, we were fortunate to be able to catch up with a lot of good friends. We went out one evening with some people from MIOX, the water disinfection equipment manufacturing company where I had worked for two and a half years. We got coffee and played Scrabble one night with our friends Dan and Rebecca Larson, which was excellent (Stephany totally destroyed us all - but I got her back last night). We also had lunch one day with Ed, Eddie, and Becky Mooneyhan, friends of mine through a church there that I belonged to for a while, and we were able to see Craig and Rebecca Glover.

This woman has a very special role in the history of our relationship. This is Beverley Schwartzel. She and her husband David invited us to their home one day (March 5, 2006, to be exact) for lunch and to have us meet one another. Shortly thereafter, we fell completely in love and haven't spent more than about six days apart from each other. So...yeah - Beverley's pretty up there in our book. It was good seeing Beverley and David again while we were there.



Here's Malory pointing to the Flying Star sign after dessert there one night. This is the one on Rio Grande, for those of you in the know.



On Thursday, Stephany and I drove up to Santa Fe for a short day trip. We picked up a few things for friends, ate lunch at The Burrito Co. (excellent carne adovada burritos with red chile!), and walked around a lot of the shops there.









And here are some pictures of the Santa Fe Square. We always enjoy visiting here. It's also a good place to people-watch, especially if there are parades. You never really know what you're going to see here.








Nathan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we really enjoyed seeing you guys while you were here. good pictures - looking forward to the fourth installment. hopefully more 'cactus plants.'
-stephen

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

I'm so jealous of people who get to go on vacations... :) Our 'vacation' usually are whirlwind (read: NO RELAXING AT ALL) trips to Texas. Oh well. That's what we get for moving away. We really need to get back there...

tiffanyann109 said...

Love all of your Albuquerque pics and blog on your trip! I'll be there in July and can't wait to go to Flying Star and have real Mexican food. Next time, we all need to plan to be in Albuquerque at the same time:) Love you both lots!

Anonymous said...

You make me want to see these places up close and personal. You really have fun doing this, and I always end up smiling at you two showing your best selves mischief and all. I love the personal story of how you met. I hope there will be more about those days especially the early ones that led to no more than six days apart.