Monday, May 26, 2008

Waco weekend

Two weekends ago, we made a trip to Waco for the wedding of our friends Josh Cohagen and Robin Northern (now Cohagen!). We had a super fun time. Josh was one of my groomsmen, and I was all too happy to assume the role for him. The guys (some of whom I'd met on previous trips to Waco during the past two years, which was nice) went out Friday night for pool and drinks, while the girls threw a shower for Robin at Josh's sister's house. Saturday morning the guys went out to a swimming hole near Crawford, Texas - we had coffee at the Coffee Station, apparently the place our president stops for coffee when he's in town.

The wedding took place outdoors, and in Waco in late May, it was already in the mid-upper 90's. So it was a bit hot. But once we got into the swing of it, we all had a really great time. The wedding party was great - Josh and Robin have some really quality friends.

Here's a pic of the wedding - I'm the tall one in the background wearing the super-huge plant hat:



And here's a couple of my honey and me enjoying ourselves and the evening:




On a side note, our friends Kevin and Michelle Steele were awesome to put us up for a couple nights while we were in Waco for the wedding. Thanks again so much, you guys - we were so happy to see you, even if it was just for a short while!

-Nathan

2 comments:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Looks like a blast!! And oh, I've been to the Coffee Station before-- they actually have very delicious hamburgers!!

Hope you guys are doing well. You look nice all fancied up!

KL

From the View of 1336 said...

You too look great!!! I am done with school so we will have to get together soon. :) I miss hanging out and Stephany I still owe you a birthday dinner.:)